Sisters Enjoying A Season of Nurturing Sisters (SEASONS) is a group of women who meet monthly for breakfast, conversation, and prayer. Our meeting dates and locations vary but usually we gather in the fellowship hall kitchen around 8:30 A.M. on the 2nd or 3rd Saturday morning of each month. Our food preparation and visiting transition to eating and visiting; before the top of the hour we’ve usually moved to discussion and we end our gathering by sharing our prayer concerns. While our primary purpose is to support and nurture one another, the group also functions as a book club, reading and discussing various books of theological or spiritual interest chosen by our members. Dee Pipes and Cindy Krohn serve as coordinators; ask Dee to add you to our email list. All women are invited to attend!
SEASONS also sponsors retreats at the Cenacle where Bobbie Huebner works as a spiritual director.
Books that SEASONS has read and discussed include:
- Christian mystics: Jean Guyon & Meister Eckhart.
- Anne Rice: Christ the Lord Out of Egypt (2005) a novel by a Catholic author more famous for her vampire books.
- David Eagleman: Sum: Forty Tales from the Afterlives. (2009.) The author majored in British and American literature at Rice before earning a Ph.D. in neuroscience.
- Eveyln Whitaker: Laddie. (1879) The theology of a 19th Century woman novelist. K Cummings Pipes shared her project with us.
- Johnson, Elizabeth A.: She Who Is: the Mystery of God in Feminist Theological Discourse. (1992, 2002, 2003) Gail Day shared some thoughts from Chapter 1. Introduction: Speaking rightly of God and Chapter 6. Classical Theology.
- Linn, Dennis; Linn, Sheila Fabricant; Linn, Matthew: Good Goats: Healing Our Image of God. (1994). Hildegard of Bingen.(1098-1179)